How to get naturally beautiful skin
Lets face it we all want naturally radiant and beautiful skin. Here are some tips and tricks to help you achieve a beautiful glowing complexion.
1. First tip, never go to bed with makeup on. Simple. Your skin repairs at night and your body makes more collagen which minimises fine lines, therefore it is so important to let your skin breath at night. Also whilst you sleep makeup can get pushed deeper into your pores which can cause acne.
2. Have a good cleansing routine. Always ensure you remove your makeup with a good cleanser and toner, miceller water is also good for removing makeup. Some of my favorite cleansing products are Clinique, Liz Earle, Dermalogica and Clarins.
3. Stay hydrated. As simple as this sounds it is key to keeping your skin looking fresh, healthy and glowing. Drink plenty water morning and night... and not just when your hitting the gym. Wondering how much to drink? You should be drinking around 2 liters per day.
4. A little TLC... It is good to apply a face mask to your skin once a week. If you have dry skin a hydrating face mask is best, brands such as Eve Lom and Elemis do superb face masks. If you have more of a combination skin type, it is best to apply a clay mask to the oily areas of your skin such as nose and chin, along with a hydrating mask on your cheeks and forehead. Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Skin clay mask is great as mentioned in my previous blog I am a huge fan of this!
5. Sunscreen and moisturiser combo. It is important to protect your skin from sun damage, therefore putting SPF on before or with your daily moisturiser protects your skin and prevents ageing.
6. Adding a serum to your skin routine. Serums are applied before your moisturiser daily, they help to smooth the surface of the skin, reduce pores, help the skin to retain moisture and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Serums that I would recommend are Lancome Genefique and Clarins Double Serum, The Ordinary also do a great range of serums that are a reasonable price if your on a budget.
7. Get your beauty sleep. Aside from drinking lots of water its important to get enough sleep, the recommended amount of sleep is eight ours a night. Whilst you are asleep your skin works to renew and repair. When you don't get enough sleep it shows up on your skin, mood and mental energy.
8. Exfoliate! Gently exfoliate your skin one or two times a week. Depending on your skin type use a gentle scrub, a chemical peel like glycolic acid or AHA, or try derma-planning. You don't need to buy an expensive face scrub, brands such as Neautrogena, Garnier and The Body Shop do great facial scrubs.